Some Healthy Eating Plans For Your Heart.
Following some easy healthy eating plans it not to complicated and one of the best way to help lower your blood cholesterol level is to eat less saturated fat and cholesterol.
Healthy eating plans doesn't mean surviving on two carrots, a lettuce leaf and an apple, nor does it mean one meal for you and another for your wife or kids.
Control your weight and walk or do another physical activity for at least 30 minutes each day.
However it is the healthy eating or recipes being both low in fat, and low in salt that will make your heart very happy specially for people who love food.
Here are some tips to help you as it did for me.
- Eat fish at least twice a week.
- Limit how much saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol you eat.
- Choose lean meats and poultry without skin and prepare them without added saturated and trans fat.
- Select fat-free, 1 percent fat and low-fat dairy products.
- Eat a variety of nutrient-rich foods.
- Eat a diet rich in vegetables and seasonal fruits.
- Eat less of the nutrient-poor foods(junk foods).
- Choose whole-grain, high-fiber foods such as oats and omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower your total blood cholesterol.
- Cut back on foods containing partially hydrogenated vegetable oils to reduce trans fat in your diet.
- Cut back on foods high in dietary cholesterol.
- Cut back on canned beverages and foods with added sugars.
- Choose and prepare foods with little sea salt or no salt is better. The American Heart Association recommends that healthy adults eat less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium a day (about a teaspoon).
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation. Red wine is recommend
- Avoid use of and exposure to tobacco products.
- Read the nutrition facts label and ingredients list.
- Use up at least as many calories as you take in
- Be physically active.
- Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity on most days of the week,
- Follow the American Heart Association recommendations when you eat out.
- Remember, eating at home is the best with a little planning, healthy eating is fun and easy, but most important your family and your hearth will appreciate it.!
Click here to go back to healthy diet sample menu page
from "Healthy Eating Plans" page.
Home Page | Contact Page | Site Build It! | Site Map |
About Us | Weight Blog