How To Lose Weight Fast With Foods That Boost Metabolism.
I really think that you need to eat foods that boost metabolism, specially If you're dieting and are still not losing weight, or are losing weight very slowly, the problem may be that you're not eating enough to boost your metabolism.
I found on my research, 10 basics foods that will boost metabolism and will help you lose weight.I also found this great article from Sheri Strykowski (a freelance journalist who specializes in health, fitness and lifestyle).
Is sure to have you nodding your head in agreement but there are a few that will probably be new to you as well about foods that boost metabolism.
By the way metabolism is just the rate at which your body burns calories. I have made comments in bold just to highlight some of my own opinions
Stoke your metabolic fire and burn calories faster with diet-friendly foods and beverages. Post this list on your fridge next to the photo of you in your “skinny jeans” and make a copy to bring with you the next time you shop for groceries for foods that boost metabolism.
Just remember: Calories count, portion control rules and there’s no substitute for a well-balanced diet and regular exercise. So let`s get moving!
Here are the top picks culled from some of the latest research on foods that boost metabolism.
1. Water! A new study seems to indicate that drinking water actually speeds up weight loss. Researchers in Germany found that subjects of the study foods that boost metabolism increased their metabolic rates (the rate at which calories are burned) by 30 percent after drinking approximately 17 ounces of water.
Quality Drinking Water
Water is also a natural appetite suppressant that banishes bloat as it flushes out sodium and toxins.. Drinking enough water will also help keep you from mistaking thirst for hunger. So drink up! Make sure that you are starting your day with a big big glass of water and drink throughout the day not just all at one time because is the most important part of foods that boost metabolism
2. Green Tea! Studies show that one foods that boost metabolism is green tea extract and may aid lose weight This mood-enhancing tea has also been reported to contain anti-cancer properties and help prevent heart disease. It’s also a trendy drink among weight-conscious celebrities. It is one really fantastic herb and it tastes nice too!
3. Soup! Eat less and burn fat faster by having a bowl of soup as an appetizer or a snack. According to a Penn State University study, soup is a super appetite suppressant because its made up of a hunger-satisfying combination of liquids and solids. In the study, women chose one of three 270-calorie snacks before lunch. Women who had chicken and rice soup as a snack consumed an average of 100 fewer calories than those in the study who opted for a chicken and rice casserole or the casserole and a glass of water. A soup is not a meal but it really dies fill you for very few calories and remember that when you eat a food with a lot of taste it really will satisfy.
4. Grapefruit! The grapefruit diet is not a myth. Researchers at Scripps Clinic found that participants who ate half a grapefruit with each meal in a 12-week period lost an average of 3.6 pounds. The study indicates that the unique chemical properties in this vitamin C-packed citrus fruit reduce insulin levels, which promotes weight loss. NOTE: If you are taking medication, check with your doctor about any potentially adverse interactions with grapefruit. Grapefruit, because of the soft peel is a nice alternative to an apple of orange and study after study of the last 30 years has shown that it can really help burn fat and also foods that boost metabolism
5. Apples and Pears! Overweight women who ate the equivalent of three small apples or pears a day lost more weight on a low-calorie diet than women who didn’t add fruit to their diet, according to researchers from the State University of Rio de Janeiro. Fruit eaters also ate fewer calories overall. So next time you need to satisfy a sugar craving, reach for this low-calorie, high-fiber snack. You’ll feel full longer and eat less.
6. Broccoli! Study after study links calcium and weight loss. Broccoli is not only high in calcium, but also loaded with vitamin C, which boosts calcium absorption. This member of the nutritious cabbage family also has plenty of vitamin A, foliate and fiber. And, at just 20-calories per cup, this weight-loss super food not only fights fat but also contains powerful phytochemicals that boost your immunity and protect against disease.
7. Low-Fat Yogurt! Dairy products and dietary supplement for your immune system can boost weight loss efforts, according to a study in the April issue of Obesity Research. People on a reduced-calorie diet who included three to four servings of dairy foods and dietary supplement lost significantly more weight than those who ate a low-dairy diet containing the same number of calories. Low-fat yogurt is a rich source of weight-loss-friendly calcium, providing about 450 mg (about half the recommended daily allowance for women ages 19-50) per 8-ounce serving, as well as 12 grams of protein. As far as super food go Yogurt is right there. It includes calcium, protein and a ton of other nutrients as well as good bacteria for you digestive tract.
8. Lean Turkey! Rev up your fat-burning engine with this bodybuilder favorite. Countless studies have shown that protein can help boost metabolism, lose fat and build lean muscle tissue so you burn more calories.
A 3-ounce serving of boneless, skinless lean turkey breast weighs in at 120 calories and provides 26 grams of appetite-curbing protein, 1 gram of fat and 0 grams of saturated fat.With the price of chicken going up and up these days Turkey has become a great alternative for foods that boost metabolism.Just remember that Turkey is a little tougher than chicken and the taste is a little different but it is not just for Thanksgiving and Christmas anymore.
9. Oatmeal! This heart-healthy is my favorite and ranks high on the good carb list, because its a good source of cholesterol-fighting, fat-soluble fiber (7 grams per 3/4-cup serving) that keeps you full and provides you with the energy you need to make the most of your workouts.
Just be sure to choose steel cut or rolled oats, not instant oatmeal, to get your full dose of vitamins, minerals and fiber..
For many years now Pro Bodybuilders have relied on Oatmeal as a staple of their breakfast and also foods that boost metabolism it is amazingly high in nutrients. Boost metabolism while taming cravings with this high quality advanced, conveniently packaged nutritional beverage, click here for more info....
10. Hot Peppers! Eating hot peppers can speed up your metabolism and cool your cravings, researchers at Laval University in Canada found. Here’s why: Capsaicin (a chemical found in jalapeño and cayenne peppers) temporarily stimulates your body to release more stress hormones, which speeds up your metabolism and causes you to burn more calories. Spicy foods such as jalapeños are one of the best diet foods. They also prove that healthy food is not necessarily bland.
Here's how these 10 fat-blasting superstars help you lose weight:
So there you have it - the foods that boost your metabolism are proteins, so eat a lean steak, with plenty of vegetables, and go for a walk. Within hours, you'll feel vital energetic and within days, you'll start to lose weight again. Sheri Strykowski is a freelance journalist who specializes in health, fitness and lifestyle. Her articles have appeared in The Chicago Tribune, Lerner newspapers and National Safety Council publications. She is also a content expert who has built over 40 websites for a Fortune 100 company.
Multiple Revenues Streams.